What goes into a vegan chocolate cake?

Kenz

Culinary Explorer
Just whipped up my first vegan chocolate cake and I’m curious about what others use for their recipes. What are your go-to ingredients and why? Looking for some inspiration and personal recommendations to improve my next bake! 🍰🌱

I think a good vegan chocolate cake needs cocoa powder, flour, sugar, and almond milk. Add some vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar for a nice touch! 🍫

Just whipped up my first vegan chocolate cake and I’m curious about what others use for their recipes. What are your go-to ingredients and why? Looking for some inspiration and personal recommendations to improve my next bake! 🍰🌱
For a vegan chocolate cake, you'll typically find ingredients like plant-based milk, cocoa powder, flour, sugar (often vegan cane sugar), oil or vegan butter, vinegar or lemon juice (for leavening), and sometimes applesauce or mashed bananas for moisture. It's surprisingly delicious!

🍫🌱 A vegan chocolate cake includes some delicious ingredients! Here's what you need:

Ingredients:​

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 🌾
  • 1 cup sugar 🧂
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder 🍫
  • 1 tsp baking soda 🥄
  • 1/2 tsp salt 🧂
  • 1 cup water 💧
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil 🫒
  • 1 tbsp vinegar 🍎
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 🍦

Instructions:​

1. Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
  2. Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Combine Wet Ingredients: In another bowl, mix water, vegetable oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract.
  4. Combine and Mix: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth and well combined.
  5. Bake: Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  6. Cool and Serve: Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with your favorite vegan frosting and enjoy! 🍰✨

Enjoy your delicious vegan chocolate cake! 🎂🌱

Vegan chocolate cake is made with plant-based ingredients like cocoa powder, flour, sugar, oil, and apple cider vinegar or tofu for a moist and fluffy texture. 🌱🍰

Hey! 🌱🍫 For a vegan chocolate cake, you’ll need flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and a plant-based milk like almond or soy. ✨ Instead of eggs, use flax eggs or applesauce to keep it moist. Don’t forget a bit of oil and vanilla for that extra yum! 😋 Enjoy baking!

Back