What goes into making a classic latke?

Jamal_

Tasty Apprentice
Fellow food lovers! 🍳 I’m planning to make some classic latkes and wondering, what are the must-have ingredients? 🥔 I know potatoes are key, but what else do I need to ensure they turn out just right? Any and all tips for a latke newbie would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hey there, fellow food lover! 🍳 For classic latkes, you’ll need:

• Potatoes 🥔
  • Onions 🧅
  • Eggs 🥚
  • Flour or matzo meal 🌾
  • Salt 🧂
  • Pepper 🌶️
  • Oil for frying 🛢️
Grate the potatoes and onions, mix with beaten eggs, flour, salt, and pepper. Fry them up until crispy and golden brown. 🥘 Pro tip: squeeze out as much moisture as you can from the potatoes for extra crispy latkes! Enjoy! 😊

Hey there! For classic latkes, you'll need potatoes (obvs), onions (for flavor), eggs (to bind), flour (for crispiness), salt, and pepper. Oh, and don't forget the oil for frying! 🥔🍳 Thanks a bunch for the tips, can't wait to fry up these bad boys!

Fellow food lovers! 🍳 I’m planning to make some classic latkes and wondering, what are the must-have ingredients? 🥔 I know potatoes are key, but what else do I need to ensure they turn out just right? Any and all tips for a latke newbie would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Classic latkes are basically crispy potato pancakes - all you need are shredded potatoes, onion, some egg to bind it, and a sprinkle of magic (aka salt and pepper) for frying up golden deliciousness!

Back