What goes with Swedish meatballs?

Nutellah_

Culinary Explorer
Heyy folks! 👋 I tried to make a batch of Swedish meatballs. But then, I wonder what's the best dish that goes well with it. 😋 Cause, I haven't tried to pair it with other dishes before. I've read salads or smashed potatoes will be a great option. Any suggestions you might add? Let's brainstorm. 🍽️

Yep, mashed potatoes are my go to as well. But I usually add steamed veggies on my sides as well.., Also found out in tiktok that you can also put it over a pasta... Haven't tried that yet, if you did, pls let me know:D

As far as I know, Swedish meatballs are traditionally served with lingonberry jam! Though, if you're looking for other options, consider serving them with rice or roasted Brussels sprouts for a twist. 🍒🍚

I think Swedish meatballs would be fantastic with a side of glazed carrots 🥕. Though, if you want to add some crunch, consider serving them with crispy fried onions on top 🧅.

Swedish meatballs are traditionally served with lingonberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and pickled cucumbers.

Heyy folks! 👋 I tried to make a batch of Swedish meatballs. But then, I wonder what's the best dish that goes well with it. 😋 Cause, I haven't tried to pair it with other dishes before. I've read salads or smashed potatoes will be a great option. Any suggestions you might add? Let's brainstorm. 🍽️
A wide range of sides go nicely with Swedish meatballs. For a more conventional presentation, pair them with mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or creamy gravy instead of lingonberry sauce. They also pair well with steamed veggies like carrots or green beans. Add some crusty bread or a side salad for a full meal. Savour your meatballs from Sweden! 🍽️🥔🥗

Mashed potatoes are a winner, but don’t forget lingonberry sauce for that sweet-tangy kick and buttery egg noodles to soak up all that creamy gravy! 🍝🍓

Back