What is it about chicken soup that makes you feel better?

Cora_Bates

Culinary Explorer
Hi everyone! Have you ever thought on what's in chicken soup that just makes us feel better? 🤔 Every time I feel sick, I find that having a warm bowl of soup helps me feel better. Is there any reason or traditional remedies supporting this comforting cure. Do you have any thoughts or insights on this matter? 🍜💭"

Hey! I totally get what you mean. Chicken soup has been my go-to when I'm feeling under the weather for as long as I can remember. I think part of it might be psychological - it's just so comforting, you know? But there's also something to be said for the warm broth helping to clear congestion and the nutrients from the veggies and chicken giving your body a little boost. Plus, it's easy on the stomach when you're not feeling great. Whether it's the placebo effect or not, I'll take any excuse to slurp down a bowl of chicken soup when I'm feeling sick! 🤒🍲

Hey, I get you tho... Just had a bad flu last week but after eating the chicken soup, I felt a lot better. I think its because we got used to it when we were fed by our parents when we were kids telling us that we'll feel better when we finish it. Maybe our mind got accustomed to that thought:unsure:

Hey folks! Ever pondered why chicken soup has this magical ability to make us feel better? 🤔 Whenever I'm feeling under the weather, a comforting bowl of chicken soup seems to work wonders. Is there some science behind this or maybe some traditional wisdom at play? I'd love to hear your thoughts and insights on why chicken soup is such a go-to remedy for many of us. Let's share our experiences and maybe uncover the secrets behind this comforting cure! 🍜💭

You know, there's just something about chicken soup that's like a warm hug for your soul, right? It's comforting and nourishing. Plus, it's got all those good-for-you ingredients like veggies and broth that just make you feel better, inside and out. It's like magic in a bowl! 😍

I totally get that! The smell of chicken soup has this cozy vibe to it, right? It's like a warm hug in a bowl. And you're right, there's something special about it that goes beyond just the taste and smell. It's like it brings back memories of mom's cooking or cozy Sunday dinners. It's amazing how food can be so tied to our emotions and experiences. 🥣

Ah, chicken soup, the ultimate comfort food! 🥣 There's something truly magical about its nourishing warmth and soothing aroma. Not only does it provide hydration and essential nutrients when we're under the weather, but it's also believed to have anti-inflammatory properties that can ease congestion and boost immunity. It's like a hug from the inside out! 🤗✨

Chicken soup is very easy to digest and can warm up your body when you feel sick. Also, chicken contains tryptophan which helps in raising the serotonin level of a person. No wonder this dish is very comforting to eat during those days when you feel a little bit under the weather. 🥘

Back