What is the best thickener for turkey gravy?

wakabalo

Novice Foodie
Heyya! Looking for the ultimate thickener for turkey gravy? 🍗 Let's chat about it! I've tried flour, cornstarch, and even arrowroot. Each brings a unique texture to the table. What's your go-to? Let's dish on our favorite gravy hacks! 🥣

Hello! For turkey gravy, my go-to thickener is definitely flour! It's a classic choice that gives your gravy a smooth and velvety texture. Just make sure to whisk it into your drippings or broth gradually to avoid any lumps. If you're looking for a gluten-free option, cornstarch works like a charm too! It creates a glossy finish and thickens up your gravy beautifully. Whichever you choose, just remember to taste as you go and adjust the seasoning accordingly. Happy gravy making!

I think incorporating mashed potatoes into your turkey gravy can add both thickness and richness. Though it might alter the color slightly, it provides a hearty texture and enhances the flavor profile. 🥔🍴

When it comes to thickening turkey gravy, I usually go for flour or cornstarch. They're classic options that reliably deliver a nice, thick gravy that pairs perfectly with the turkey! 🦃

The best thickener for turkey gravy is usually a combination of flour and fat (like butter or turkey drippings) cooked together to form a roux, though cornstarch can also be used for a gluten-free option.;)🌟

Back