What is the best way to store homemade pesto?

Daemon09

Novice Foodie
Mommas! I've just whipped up a batch of homemade pesto and am wondering about the best storage methods. Want it fresh for as long as possible, but not sure how. Heard various tips, from freezing in ice cube trays to refrigerating with a layer of oil on top. What do you find works best?

You've got ✌️options! Pesto freezes great in ice cube trays for portion-sized goodness ..For fridge storage, a layer of olive oil definitely helps keep it green. Both ways work well though, it just depends on how you plan to use it! ;) Enjoy your pesto! 😃

Though some people freeze pesto in ice cube trays 🧊 for easy portions, I find freezing in small jars works best. ;)

When it comes to storing homemade pesto, it's all about keeping it fresh and tasty! 🌿🌟 I recommend transferring it to an airtight container and drizzling a thin layer of olive oil on top to prevent oxidation. Pop it in the fridge and it should stay good for about a week. If you want to keep it longer, freeze it in ice cube trays for easy portioning! Enjoy that fresh flavor whenever you need a taste of summer. 😋

Hello there! If you want to store pesto for a longer period, consider using freezer bags. Lay them flat for easy stacking and quick thawing. 📦

Back