What is the trick to making good gluten-free bread?

TinkerBell

Culinary Explorer
Hey all, tackling gluten-free bread and aiming for that perfect loaf. The trick seems to be getting the right blend of flours, like almond, rice, or coconut, for structure and taste. Xanthan gum or psyllium husk can help mimic gluten’s elasticity. Any tips on keeping it moist and airy? What works best for you?

Hey there! 🍞 I’ve been on a gluten-free baking journey myself. The key for me has been using a mix of flours like almond and tapioca, which gives a good balance of structure and moisture. Adding psyllium husk is a game-changer for that elasticity! For moisture, I always add a bit of applesauce or yogurt to the dough. It helps keep the bread from drying out. Another tip is to let the dough rise longer than you would for regular bread – it makes it lighter and airier. Happy baking! 😋👩‍🍳

Hey all, tackling gluten-free bread and aiming for that perfect loaf. The trick seems to be getting the right blend of flours, like almond, rice, or coconut, for structure and taste. Xanthan gum or psyllium husk can help mimic gluten’s elasticity. Any tips on keeping it moist and airy? What works best for you?
Gluten-free bread can be tricky, but the key is to use a good gluten-free flour blend, add moisture with eggs or mashed banana, and let the dough rest to develop flavor before baking. 🍞

Back