What to do when you put too much flour in banana bread?

Marich

Tasty Apprentice
Hey bakers, found myself in a bit of a pickle with my banana bread recipe. I accidentally added way too much flour. Now, my mix looks more like dough for a loaf of bread rather than sweet and moist. Should I start over? Hoping to avoid wasting ingredients if possible. tia for your tips!

Hey there, @Marich ! Don't toss it yet! Feel free to spice this up with a couple of mashed bananas for moistness or a dash of milk just before you pop it into the oven. ;)

Accidentally added too much flour to your banana bread? No worries! Try adding a bit more liquid like milk or mashed banana to balance it out. You can also adjust other ingredients accordingly to maintain the texture and flavor. It's all about experimentation and making it work! 🍌🍞

Accidentally added too much flour to your banana bread? No worries! Try adding a bit more liquid like milk or mashed banana to balance it out. You can also adjust other ingredients accordingly to maintain the texture and flavor. It's all about experimentation and making it work! 🍌🍞
Got it! No worries, just toss in some extra milk or mashed banana to even out that flour situation. Easy fix! :giggle:

Back