What vinegar works best in southern coleslaw?

bhella

Culinary Explorer
I'm diving into the world of Southern coleslaw and I'm curious about the best vinegar to use for that perfect tangy flavor! 🤔🍋 Do you have any recommendations or personal favorites? I'd love to hear your insights and make my coleslaw shine! Thanks a bunch!

I'm diving into the world of Southern coleslaw and I'm curious about the best vinegar to use for that perfect tangy flavor! 🤔🍋 Do you have any recommendations or personal favorites? I'd love to hear your insights and make my coleslaw shine! Thanks a bunch!
For southern coleslaw, white vinegar or apple cider vinegar are commonly used for a tangy flavor that complements the cabbage and other ingredients well.

Personally, I find that rice vinegar adds a subtle sweetness that complements the cabbage well. However, if you're craving a punchier taste, try out red wine vinegar instead. 🍷

Apple cider vinegar is the MVP for Southern coleslaw, bringing a tangy sweetness that perfectly balances the creamy dressing and crunchy cabbage. It's the secret to that classic Southern flavor!

Back