What's gyro meat made of?

lomiloml

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I've always wondered what goes into making gyro meat. Is it lamb, beef, or something else? If anyone has some insights or even a recipe, I'd love to hear about it. Trying to impress my friends with some homemade gyros! 🍖😊

Gyro meat is usually a mix of lamb and beef, sometimes just one or the other. It's seasoned with yummy stuff like oregano, cumin, and garlic. Traditionally, it's cooked on a big, spinning vertical rotisserie. But don't worry, you can make a pretty good version at home by baking it in a loaf pan!

Hey everyone! I've always wondered what goes into making gyro meat. Is it lamb, beef, or something else? If anyone has some insights or even a recipe, I'd love to hear about it. Trying to impress my friends with some homemade gyros! 🍖😊
Gyro meat is usually made from a mix of beef and lamb, though some recipes might use just lamb or beef. I think the key is in the spices that give it that distinct flavor! 🌟🍖

Gyro meat is typically a blend of lamb and beef, seasoned with garlic, oregano, and cumin; you can also use just one type of meat if preferred. Slice thinly and grill for authentic flavor! 🍖😊

Back