What's the best flour to use for bagels?

Coco

Culinary Explorer
I'm on a quest to perfect my homemade bagels and think that the flour might be key. What type of flour do you find works best for getting that desirable chewy texture? Any brand or type recommendations would be super helpful as I experiment with my recipe! 🥯🌾

Hi! This might help. The best flour to use for bagels is high-gluten bread flour. It contributes to a denser crumb and a crust that is slightly crispy on the outside. Using high-gluten bread flour ensures that your bagels turn out hearty and satisfying.:):)

I'm on a quest to perfect my homemade bagels and think that the flour might be key. What type of flour do you find works best for getting that desirable chewy texture? Any brand or type recommendations would be super helpful as I experiment with my recipe! 🥯🌾
For top-notch bagels, bread flour is your best bet! The higher protein content helps develop that signature chewy texture we all love.

The best flour to use for bagels is high-gluten bread flour 🍞, as it provides the necessary strength and chewiness characteristic of traditional bagels.

The best flour to use for making bagels is high-protein bread flour, which helps develop the chewy texture and structure characteristic of traditional bagels.

Back