What's the best way to store leftover potato cakes?

ChocoJay

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodie friends! After making a delightful batch of potato cakes, I'm pondering the optimal storage method for the leftovers. 🥔🍰 Should I pop them in the fridge or freeze them for future enjoyment? Any savvy tips to ensure they stay delicious? Let's preserve those tasty treats together

Hey foodie friends! After making a delightful batch of potato cakes, I'm pondering the optimal storage method for the leftovers. 🥔🍰 Should I pop them in the fridge or freeze them for future enjoyment? Any savvy tips to ensure they stay delicious? Let's preserve those tasty treats together
Hi there! The best way to store leftover potato cakes is to let them cool completely, then place them in an airtight container or resealable bag lined with parchment paper in the refrigerator. They can be stored for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, you can use a toaster oven, oven, or skillet to crisp them up again.

Two options! Fridge them in an airtight container with paper towels between layers for up to 2 days, or freeze them on a baking sheet for a few hours before transferring to a freezer bag - they'll keep for up to 3 months!

From my experience, I think placing parchment paper between the layers of potato cakes prevents them from sticking together, though they might lose some crunchiness. Do you have any tips for keeping them crispy? 🍽️

Back