When should I add carrots to pot roast in slow cooker?🥕 🤔

Cookie2122

Novice Foodie
Foodies, quick question about cooking pot roast in a slow cooker - when do y'all add carrots?🤔🥕 I've seen some say early on, but then others mention tossing them in later to avoid mushiness. Curious about your methods and timing, as I'm aiming for that perfect tenderness without turning my veggies into soup. 🤔🥕

Foodies, quick question about cooking pot roast in a slow cooker - when do y'all add carrots?🤔🥕 I've seen some say early on, but then others mention tossing them in later to avoid mushiness. Curious about your methods and timing, as I'm aiming for that perfect tenderness without turning my veggies into soup. 🤔🥕
Not sure when to add carrots to your slow cooker pot roast? They can be your best friend, depending on the texture you crave! Toss them in with the roast at the beginning for super tender, melt-in-your-mouth carrots, or wait until the last hour or so for a bit more bite. Either way, your pot roast is destined for deliciousness!

I've found adding carrots halfway through cooking works best for me. They still get tender but keep some texture. Experimenting with timing can help you find what suits your taste. How do you usually handle your pot roast veggies?

You should add the carrots to your pot roast in the slow cooker about halfway through the cooking time. This way, they'll be tender but not mushy. Happy cooking! 🥕🍲🤗

Back