Where did chicken fried steak originally come from? Anyone know the backstory?

isekaikigai

Novice Foodie
Hi, foodie friends! 🌎 I've been pondering over my plate of chicken fried steak and got curious – where did this delicious dish originate? Does anyone know the backstory? 🤔 I love learning about food history and this one's a mystery to me. Would love to hear what you know! Thanks!

Chicken fried steak is said to have originated in the Southern United States, particularly in Texas. The dish is believed to have been inspired by German and Austrian immigrants' traditional wiener schnitzel. Over time, the preparation method evolved, using cube steak instead of veal and incorporating Southern-style breading and frying techniques. 🍗🍽️

Chicken fried steak is said to have originated in the Southern United States, particularly in Texas. The dish is believed to have been inspired by German and Austrian immigrants' traditional wiener schnitzel. Over time, the preparation method evolved, using cube steak instead of veal and incorporating Southern-style breading and frying techniques. 🍗🍽️
Yeah, it's pretty cool how chicken fried steak mixes German schnitzel with Southern cooking. Love that fusion of flavors and tradition, huh?:cool:

Hey there, foodie friends! 🍽️ Ever wondered about the origins of chicken fried steak? 🤔 Let's dive into its delicious backstory together! Share your insights if you've uncovered this tasty mystery. Thanks! 🥩🔍

Chicken fried steak is believed to have originated in the Southern United States, particularly in Texas. The dish likely evolved from German and Austrian immigrants' recipes for Wiener Schnitzel. 🍗🥩

Back