Where did cream of spinach originate?

lilbobby

Culinary Explorer
Hey all, diving into some food history here. I'm trying to trace back where creamed spinach originated. Seems like a classic dish, but I can't pin down its roots. Some say French cuisine played a part, others lean toward American innovation. Anyone got the scoop on this creamy, leafy creation's backstory?

Hey all, diving into some food history here. I'm trying to trace back where creamed spinach originated. Seems like a classic dish, but I can't pin down its roots. Some say French cuisine played a part, others lean toward American innovation. Anyone got the scoop on this creamy, leafy creation's backstory?
Hey there! 🌱🥛 Curious about the origins of cream of spinach? This creamy concoction traces its roots back to French cuisine, where it was traditionally served as a velvety soup or a luxurious side dish. Spinach lovers unite! 🇫🇷🍽️

Cream of spinach soup likely originated in France, given its rich culinary history and influence on classic cuisine. However, variations of creamy spinach soups are found in various cuisines worldwide.

Cream of spinach soup likely originated in France, given its rich culinary history and influence on classic cuisine. However, variations of creamy spinach soups are found in various cuisines worldwide.
Yeah, totally agree... Spinach soup has roots in France... but you can find creamy versions everywhere... it's like a global comfort food🌍🥣.

Creamed spinach: the leafy lovechild of French flair and American indulgence, born to confuse food historians everywhere. 🥬🍽️

Back