Which grill works best for al pastor?

MashaBear

Culinary Explorer
Hey! 🍍 I'm diving into making al pastor at home and curious: which grill do you recommend for that perfect char? Gas, charcoal, or something else? Looking to capture that authentic flavor. Any insights or tips on the best setup?

I think a charcoal grill works best for al pastor, as it gives a great smoky flavor. 🔥🌮 Though a gas grill can also do a good job if you’re looking for convenience. 🚀

I think a charcoal grill works best for al pastor, as it gives a great smoky flavor. 🔥🌮 Though a gas grill can also do a good job if you’re looking for convenience. 🚀
I agree! A charcoal grill really brings out that authentic smoky flavor, but a gas grill is super convenient too. 🔥🍍

A vertical rotisserie grill, also known as a trompo, works best for cooking al pastor, as it allows the meat to be cooked evenly on a rotating skewer. 🌮🔥

For the authentic al pastor experience, a vertical rotisserie grill is ideal. This allows the meat to cook slowly and evenly, developing the signature crispy exterior and juicy interior.

Back