Which potatoes are better for potato salad: red or russet?

bhella

Culinary Explorer
I'm planning to make potato salad and wondering which type of potato—red or russet—works best. Any insights on texture, flavor, or other factors that make one type preferable for potato salad?

For a potato salad, go with red potatoes! 🥔😊 They have a waxy texture that holds up well when mixed, giving you nice, firm pieces. Plus, their flavor is mild and delicious, making them perfect for a salad.

I'm planning to make potato salad and wondering which type of potato—red or russet—works best. Any insights on texture, flavor, or other factors that make one type preferable for potato salad?
Red potatoes are your potato salad champs! They hold their shape better than russets, which can get mushy. Trust me, nobody wants mushy potato salad!

Hey! For potato salad, red potatoes are usually better because they hold their shape well and have a creamy texture. Russets can be a bit too starchy and tend to fall apart. Enjoy your salad! 😋

Red potatoes are the way to go for potato salad! 👍 They’re firm and hold their shape better, making for a creamy, tasty salad. 🥔 Thanks for asking and hope it turns out great! 😊

For potato salad, red potatoes are better as they hold their shape well and have a creamy texture, while russets can become too starchy and mushy.

Back