Whiskey Sour Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 🥃

I wanted to share one of my favorite cocktail recipes - the classic Whiskey Sour! It’s a fantastic drink to enjoy with dinner or to kick off an evening with friends. I made it last night, and it was a hit, so I thought I'd share it here. Hope you all enjoy it!

Ingredients:

• 2 oz whiskey (bourbon or rye)
  • 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice (about half a lemon)
  • 1/2 oz simple syrup (you can make this by dissolving equal parts sugar and water)
  • Ice
  • Optional: a dash of Angostura bitters
  • Garnish: maraschino cherry and a lemon wheel
Instructions:

1. Prepare your shaker: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. This helps chill everything nicely.
  2. Add the ingredients: Pour in the whiskey, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup. If you like a bit more complexity, add a dash of Angostura bitters too.
  3. Shake it up: Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds until everything is well mixed and nicely chilled.
  4. Strain and serve: Strain the mixture into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice. You can also serve it straight up in a chilled glass if you prefer.
  5. Garnish: Add a maraschino cherry and a lemon wheel for that classic look.
    Whiskey Sour Recipe.jpg

I’d love to hear if anyone tries this out and how you like it! It’s such a simple but delicious cocktail. Cheers! 🥂

Whiskey sour recipe? 🥃🍋 Shake together whiskey, lemon juice, and simple syrup with ice, then strain into a glass and garnish with a cherry and lemon slice for a classic and refreshing cocktail with a perfect balance of sweet and sour flavors - a timeless favorite that's perfect for sipping any time of year!

Hey everyone! 🥃

I wanted to share one of my favorite cocktail recipes - the classic Whiskey Sour! It’s a fantastic drink to enjoy with dinner or to kick off an evening with friends. I made it last night, and it was a hit, so I thought I'd share it here. Hope you all enjoy it!

Ingredients:

• 2 oz whiskey (bourbon or rye)
  • 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice (about half a lemon)
  • 1/2 oz simple syrup (you can make this by dissolving equal parts sugar and water)
  • Ice
  • Optional: a dash of Angostura bitters
  • Garnish: maraschino cherry and a lemon wheel
Instructions:

1. Prepare your shaker: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. This helps chill everything nicely.
  2. Add the ingredients: Pour in the whiskey, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup. If you like a bit more complexity, add a dash of Angostura bitters too.
  3. Shake it up: Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds until everything is well mixed and nicely chilled.
  4. Strain and serve: Strain the mixture into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice. You can also serve it straight up in a chilled glass if you prefer.
  5. Garnish: Add a maraschino cherry and a lemon wheel for that classic look.View attachment 3918

I’d love to hear if anyone tries this out and how you like it! It’s such a simple but delicious cocktail. Cheers! 🥂
This Whiskey Sour recipe looks fantastic! Has anyone tried adding a dash of egg white for that perfect frothy texture? Can't wait to mix this up for happy hour! 🥃🍋🍹

Back