Who made the original fish taco?

AL_

Tasty Apprentice
Heyy everyone! 🌮 I'm just engrossed about this. Who could have made the original fish taco?
There could be an origin on where this came from, right? Honestly, this dish is totally close to my heart. Just wanna know its history. Anyone could tell the origin of this dish? 🤔🙂

Heyy everyone! 🌮 I'm just engrossed about this. Who could have made the original fish taco?
There could be an origin on where this came from, right? Honestly, this dish is totally close to my heart. Just wanna know its history. Anyone could tell the origin of this dish? 🤔🙂
There’s an origin story of the taco. It is said that the Tipai-Ipai Indigenous people, also known as the Kumeyaay, who were fishing off the Baja coast, chopped up their catch, cooked it, and ate it in a tortilla.

Hey! So, the OG fish taco most likely originated in Baja California or Mexico, where local fishermen came up with these delicious bites with freshly caught fish.
I agree with this. The original fish taco is believed to have originated in the coastal regions of Baja California, Mexico, where fishermen would grill fresh catch and serve it in a tortilla with simple toppings. This dish has since gained popularity worldwide, showcasing the rich culinary heritage and flavors of Mexican cuisine.

Hey! So, the OG fish taco most likely originated in Baja California or Mexico, where local fishermen came up with these delicious bites with freshly caught fish.
I had the same thoughts! To add, no matter where origin it is, it always has a special hear to us fish lovers :love:

Back