Why are my gluten-free brownies so crumbly?

jannababe

Culinary Explorer
My gluten-free brownies always turn out crumbly, and I can't figure out why! Is there a secret to getting them to hold together better? Any advice from fellow bakers would be awesome. Thanks in advance! 🍪😩

I’ve had better results when I add an extra egg to gluten-free brownie recipes. Maybe give that a shot?

My gluten-free brownies always turn out crumbly, and I can't figure out why! Is there a secret to getting them to hold together better? Any advice from fellow bakers would be awesome. Thanks in advance! 🍪😩
To avoid crumbling in your gluten-free brownies, use the right flour blend. Choose a gluten-free flour blend that is specifically formulated for baking, ideally one that includes xanthan gum or guar gum. These ingredients help mimic the binding properties of gluten. You can also add binders like eggs, flaxseed meal or psyllium husk powder. Don't overmix. Allow them to cool completely before cutting. Use the right pan - a metal one instead of glass pan.

Crumbly gluten-free brownies? It might be due to not enough binding agents or too much dry flour. Try adding an extra egg or a bit of applesauce for moisture! Also, make sure to use a good gluten-free flour blend. You got this!

Gluten-free brownies can be crumbly! Try using a combination of gluten-free flours like almond and coconut, and add a bit of extra moisture with applesauce or mashed banana.

Back