Why did my sausage balls go flat in the oven?

culinary_connoisseur

Culinary Explorer
Okay mommies, so I tried whipping up sausage balls for breakfast, and dude, they went flat in the oven. I followed the recipe to a T, but still, disaster. Was hoping for fluffy, got pancakes instead. Any idea why this happened? Could really use some pointers here.

Oh no, that's frustrating! 🙁 Sounds like your sausage balls might have needed a bit more binding agent to hold their shape. Sometimes adding a bit more cheese or another egg can help prevent them from spreading too much. Also, make sure your oven is fully preheated and try spacing them out a bit more on the baking sheet to allow for even airflow. Hope that helps for next time! 🍳

Sausage balls can go flat in the oven due to several factors, including the fat content of the sausage, the amount of moisture in the mixture, and the baking temperature. To prevent this, try using less moisture in the mixture, chilling the dough before baking, and ensuring the oven is at the correct temperature before baking. Additionally, using a higher-fat sausage can help maintain the ball shape during baking. 🍽️🔥 "૮₍ ˶•⤙•˶ ₎ა

Okay mommies, so I tried whipping up sausage balls for breakfast, and dude, they went flat in the oven. I followed the recipe to a T, but still, disaster. Was hoping for fluffy, got pancakes instead. Any idea why this happened? Could really use some pointers here.
If the dough is very wet or the sausage balls are arranged too closely on the baking pan, they may become flat in the oven. They won't spread out too much if the dough is well cooled before baking and there is enough room for them on the baking sheet.

Back