Why do my sugar cookies spread out so much when baking? 🍪🤔

AOKN

Culinary Explorer
Hello, cookie team! 🍪 Lately, I've been experiencing some issues with my sugar cookies spreading excessively during baking. I want them to have ideal forms, but they want to go wild! 🤕 Is there anyone who knows how to stop this? I'd be curious to know your baking wisdom! Regards! 🙏

Hello, cookie team! 🍪 Lately, I've been experiencing some issues with my sugar cookies spreading excessively during baking. I want them to have ideal forms, but they want to go wild! 🤕 Is there anyone who knows how to stop this? I'd be curious to know your baking wisdom! Regards! 🙏
Hi all! It could be the butter! I think using butter that’s too soft can cause spreading, though chilling the dough before baking might help. 😊❄️

h, the classic spread-out sugar cookie dilemma! 🍪🤔 Here’s the scoop:

1. Butter temperature – If it’s too soft, your cookies might spread more than you’d like. Try chilling the dough before baking. ❄️
  2. Too much butter or sugar – Double-check your measurements. 🧈🍭
  3. Baking soda/powder – Make sure you’re using the right amount. Too much can make cookies spread. 🧪
Try these tips, and your cookies should hold their shape better! Happy baking! 🎉😊

Back