Why Do Scallops Cost So Much?

ChocoJay

Culinary Explorer
Hi, fellow foodies! 🍴💸 I've noticed that scallops tend to be on the pricier side at restaurants and markets. 🐚💰 It's got me curious—what's behind the hefty price tag? Is it their taste, the way they're harvested, or something else? Would love to get your insights on this gourmet mystery! 🤔🔍

Another thing to consider is quality. Fresh, diver-caught scallops have a distinct taste and texture that sets them apart. So, I guess you're paying for that premium experience :)

Hi, fellow foodies! 🍴💸 I've noticed that scallops tend to be on the pricier side at restaurants and markets. 🐚💰 It's got me curious—what's behind the hefty price tag? Is it their taste, the way they're harvested, or something else? Would love to get your insights on this gourmet mystery! 🤔🔍
Scallops tend to cost more because of their delicate flavor, texture, and the way they're harvested. They're often hand-dived or harvested, which is more labor-intensive than other seafood harvesting methods. Additionally, scallops are highly perishable and can't be frozen for extended periods, which contributes to their higher price.

Back