Why does my meat pie crust turn out so hard?

sugarush

Novice Foodie
My meat pie crusts keep turning out too hard, and I can’t figure out why. Does anyone have insights on what might be causing this? I'd really appreciate any advice on how to achieve a softer, more enjoyable crust. Thank you so much! 😖🥧

My meat pie crusts keep turning out too hard, and I can’t figure out why. Does anyone have insights on what might be causing this? I'd really appreciate any advice on how to achieve a softer, more enjoyable crust. Thank you so much! 😖🥧
A tough meat pie crust could be a case of overworkin' the dough! It needs a gentle touch. Mix it just until it comes together, then let it chill before rollin' it out. That'll help it bake up flaky and tender.

Hey there! I used to have the same problem with my meat pie crusts. A couple of tips that helped me are using cold butter and not overworking the dough😊🥧

It sounds like you might be overworking the dough or baking it too long. Try using cold ingredients and handling the dough gently. Also, make sure not to overbake. Hope that helps! 🥧✨

Back