Why does my salmon turn white in air fryer?

EvanSeeker

Culinary Explorer
Hey all, noticing my salmon turns white when air fried. Not sure why this happens. I thought high heat might be the culprit, but even at lower temperatures, that white stuff appears. Does anyone have insights or tips to prevent this? Really aiming for that perfect, golden finish without the white film.

Air frying salmon can make it turn white due to proteins coagulating on the surface. Instead, try pan-searing the salmon with a bit of oil for a golden crust while keeping the flesh tender inside. It's a better choice for achieving that perfect texture without the white film. Have you tried this method before?

Hey all, noticing my salmon turns white when air fried. Not sure why this happens. I thought high heat might be the culprit, but even at lower temperatures, that white stuff appears. Does anyone have insights or tips to prevent this? Really aiming for that perfect, golden finish without the white film.
Don't sweat the white stuff, it's just salmon protein flexing its muscles (literally) from the heat!

Back