Why does my spice cake always turn out dry? Help!

sugarush

Novice Foodie
Hi everyone! 🌟 I need some help with my spice cake - it always turns out dry! 😕 Any tips or tricks to keep it moist and fluffy? 🤔 I'd love to hear your secrets to baking the perfect spice cake. Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

Overbaking can dry it out! Check it a few minutes early with a toothpick :) Using enough oil/butter helps too ..You got this next spice cake!

Hi everyone! 🌟 I need some help with my spice cake - it always turns out dry! 😕 Any tips or tricks to keep it moist and fluffy? 🤔 I'd love to hear your secrets to baking the perfect spice cake. Thanks in advance for your wisdom!
To keep your spice cake moist and fluffy, try adding a bit of applesauce or yogurt to the batter. 🍎🥄 Also, be careful not to overbake it and check it a few minutes before the recommended time. Good luck! 🎂✨

Overbaking can dry it out! Check it a few minutes early with a toothpick :) Using enough oil/butter helps too ..You got this next spice cake!
Adding a bit more fat, like an extra tablespoon of butter or oil, can help keep the cake moist. I think it makes a big difference though! 🧈

Back