Why does whiskey sour have egg?

Twilight

Novice Foodie
While it's not required, adding egg white to a whiskey sour improves its overall mouthfeel and appearance by giving the beverage a silky texture and foamy foam. From personal experience, I've discovered that the egg white gives a creamy texture to the cocktail, which balances and satisfies the tangy sweetness of the whiskey and lemon juice.

The egg in a whiskey sour adds a velvety texture and frothy consistency, enhancing the drink's overall experience!

The egg in a whiskey sour adds a velvety texture and frothy consistency, enhancing the drink's overall experience!

Mixing egg white into whiskey sour improves texture, and look. It provides silky foam, creamy sensation too! Finding right balance between sweet-sour tang, sleek smoothness is key. Cheers for mastering ability creating perfect cocktail!😊
I couldn't agree more about the adding egg white brings to a whiskey sour. It's amazing how just a little bit can elevate the texture and appearance of the drink, giving it a silky foam and creamy sensation. Finding that perfect balance between sweet and sour, while achieving that sleek smoothness, truly is an art form. :love:

I couldn't agree more about the adding egg white brings to a whiskey sour. It's amazing how just a little bit can elevate the texture and appearance of the drink, giving it a silky foam and creamy sensation. Finding that perfect balance between sweet and sour, while achieving that sleek smoothness, truly is an art form. :love:
Absolutely! It's amazing how a small change can have such a big impact, don't you think? Here's to finding that perfect balance and perfecting the whiskey sour! 🥃👌

It cuts through the sourness in a way that makes it a bit more smooth when consuming. Also adds exta protein to the drink so you dont feel as bad :-D

Back