Why is an espresso martini called a martini?

Luna

Culinary Explorer
Yow cocktail aficionados! I've been pondering something lately and I'd love your input: why exactly is an espresso martini called a martini? 🤔☕ Is it because of the glass it's served in or the classic martini base? I know this question sounds so simple, but it really got me thinking, so share what you think!🍸

Yow cocktail aficionados! I've been pondering something lately and I'd love your input: why exactly is an espresso martini called a martini? 🤔☕ Is it because of the glass it's served in or the classic martini base? I know this question sounds so simple, but it really got me thinking, so share what you think!🍸
An espresso martini is called a martini mainly because of the glass it's served in. 🍸 It doesn’t have the classic martini base (gin and vermouth). Instead, it's a mix of vodka, coffee liqueur, and espresso. ☕ So, it's all about the presentation!

The "espresso martini" gets its name from being served in a martini glass, even though it's more of a coffee-vodka cocktail than a traditional martini.

Back