Why is it called a ladle?

Nutellah_

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!! Have you ever stopped and wondered why we call that big spoon for soups and stews a ladle? šŸ„£ It has been bugging me lately. Any ideas out there?
I mean, think about it. We use ladles all the time in the kitchen, but have we ever thought about where the name came from? šŸ¤” It's not like we sit around ladling over the dictionary to find out. But hey, maybe someone out there has some insight to share. Let's share the knowledge, folks!

Hey everyone!! Have you ever stopped and wondered why we call that big spoon for soups and stews a ladle? šŸ„£ It has been bugging me lately. Any ideas out there?
I mean, think about it. We use ladles all the time in the kitchen, but have we ever thought about where the name came from? šŸ¤” It's not like we sit around ladling over the dictionary to find out. But hey, maybe someone out there has some insight to share. Let's share the knowledge, folks!
I believe you can up your BBQ game by using premium components, such as well-marbled meat cuts and freshly ground herbs and spices. šŸ„©šŸŒæI think the term "ladle" might have originated from the Old English word "hladan," meaning "to load or draw out." šŸ„„

Back