Why is my French toast always soggy?

Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture just long enough to coat it evenly on both sides, but not so long that it becomes saturated. A few seconds on each side should be enough. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ‘Œ

I feel your pain with the soggy French toast struggle. Here's a quick tip: you may consider slicing lightly dry bread. It soaks up the egg mixture without getting too mushy. Plus, turn up the heat on your pan to ensure it gets nice and hot when you start cooking and a crisp outside will develop while the middle remains fluffy. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes!🍞

Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture just long enough to coat it evenly on both sides, but not so long that it becomes saturated. A few seconds on each side should be enough. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ‘Œ
Got it! Dip each bread slice in the mixture for a quick second, 1 sec on each side, enough to evenly coat it, not to soak it. Hence, by the time it becomes mine, it will be just right.πŸ˜„πŸ³

I feel your pain with the soggy French toast struggle. Here's a quick tip: you may consider slicing lightly dry bread. It soaks up the egg mixture without getting too mushy. Plus, turn up the heat on your pan to ensure it gets nice and hot when you start cooking and a crisp outside will develop while the middle remains fluffy. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes!🍞
Hey! Thanks a lot for that great advice on not having soggy French toast. I think I'll begin with toast in the future using just a little bit overly dry bread and make sure the pan is scorching hot. Waiting to see if it will change anything!🍞😊

Your French toast may be soggy due to insufficiently drying the bread before soaking it in the egg mixture.;)

Dry French Toast is a Bummer, but You Shouldn't Worry My methods will amaze you One of the tricks is to use semi-stale bread which absorbs less egg mixture. And, don't soak the bread, but quickly submerge it. Then place by a medium hot skillet to cook until it has a nice crispy outside. These small adjustments may just pay off! Wishing you the best, and a Prost!🍞

Try using slightly stale bread for French toast, and don't soak it too long in the egg mixture. Quick dip, then straight to the pan! Also, make sure your pan isn't too hot. Good luck! 🍞🍳πŸ”₯

Back