Why is my gingerbread house turning soft? Help!

Help needed! My gingerbread house is getting soft. Has anyone else faced this? What could be causing it and how do you avoid it? Thanks in advance! 😟🏠
Had this issue before. Make sure it's completely cooled down before icing and keep it away from moisture. Also, use a thicker icing to hold it together better... 🏠

Help needed! My gingerbread house is getting soft. Has anyone else faced this? What could be causing it and how do you avoid it? Thanks in advance! 😟🏠
If your gingerbread house is turning soft, it could be due to excess moisture. Make sure to store it in a cool, dry place, and consider adding a desiccant to absorb any moisture in the storage container. Additionally, ensure that your gingerbread dough is baked until firm and thoroughly cooled before assembling the house.

Hey there! It sounds like your gingerbread house might be absorbing moisture from the air. Try baking it a bit longer or sealing it with a thin layer of royal icing to keep it crisp! 🏠💧 Hope that helps!

Hey there! It sounds like your gingerbread house might be absorbing moisture from the air. Try baking it a bit longer or sealing it with a thin layer of royal icing to keep it crisp! 🏠💧 Hope that helps!
It seems like moisture might be sneaking into your gingerbread house, making it soft. I agree with the suggestion to bake it a bit longer or seal it with some royal icing to keep it nice and crisp. :love:

Back