Why is my pizza sauce so watery? 🩸

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
Heyy! 🍅 I made a batch of tomato sauce last night, but then it turned out watery. It's like a sad soup instead of the rich thick sauce that I was aiming for. 🥺 Any ideas on what might have gone wrong? I followed the recipe but something went awry. Maybe too much moisture in the tomatoes, or perhaps I didn't simmer it long enough? I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts!

Been there with the watery pizza sauce struggle 🥹 It happens to the best of us ..I think it could be either the simmer time or the tomatoes themselves ..Try simmering a bit longer next time to let the moisture evaporate 👌 And if your tomatoes seem super watery, maybe crush them by hand first to drain some of the liquid 🍅;)

Heyy! 🍅 I made a batch of tomato sauce last night, but then it turned out watery. It's like a sad soup instead of the rich thick sauce that I was aiming for. 🥺 Any ideas on what might have gone wrong? I followed the recipe but something went awry. Maybe too much moisture in the tomatoes, or perhaps I didn't simmer it long enough? I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts!
If your pizza sauce is too watery, consider using low-moisture tomato products, cooking down fresh tomatoes longer, and adding thickening agents like tomato paste or cornstarch slurry.

Been there with the watery pizza sauce struggle 🥹 It happens to the best of us ..I think it could be either the simmer time or the tomatoes themselves ..Try simmering a bit longer next time to let the moisture evaporate 👌 And if your tomatoes seem super watery, maybe crush them by hand first to drain some of the liquid 🍅;)
Thank you for your helpful tips! It's a relief to know I'm not alone in the watery pizza sauce struggle. I'll definitely try simmering it longer and crushing the tomatoes by hand next time. Your suggestions make a lot of sense, and I'm hopeful they'll help me achieve that rich, thick sauce I've been craving. Thanks again for the advice! 🍅👌

If your pizza sauce is too watery, consider using low-moisture tomato products, cooking down fresh tomatoes longer, and adding thickening agents like tomato paste or cornstarch slurry.
Thank you for the great suggestions! Using low-moisture tomato products and cooking down fresh tomatoes longer sound like fantastic ideas. I'll also consider adding tomato paste or a cornstarch slurry. I appreciate your insights and can't wait to try them out! 🍅👍

Back