🍶 Worcestershire Sauce Recipe 🍶

Prutsald

Culinary Explorer
Ready to elevate your dishes with a dash of homemade magic? This Worcestershire sauce recipe is a game-changer, bringing bold flavors to your kitchen with ease.
1200×1200
141.7 kB

worcestershire sauce recipe.jpg

INGREDIENTS​

• 2 cups distilled white vinegar
  • 1⁄2 cup molasses
  • 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
  • 1⁄4 cup tamarind paste
  • 3 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
  • 3 tablespoons kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
  • 1 teaspoon whole cloves
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
  • 5 cardamom pods, smashed
  • 4 chiles de arbol, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, smashed
  • 1 inch cinnamon stick
  • 1 anchovy, chopped
  • 1 yellow onion, chopped
  • 1⁄2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and smashed
  • 1⁄2 cup sugar

DIRECTIONS​

• In a 2-quart saucepan, combine all ingredients except the sugar and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, heat the sugar in a skillet over medium-high until it turns dark amber and becomes syrupy, about 5 minutes. Mix the caramelized sugar into the vinegar mixture, whisking well, and cook the sauce for 5 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
  • Cover and refrigerate for 3 weeks. Afterward, strain out the solids and return the liquid to the jar. Refrigerate for up to 8 months.

And there you have it! Your very own Worcestershire sauce, ready to enhance your favorite meals. Enjoy the rich, savory goodness you created!

Make your own Worcestershire sauce at home? That is very remarkable! 🍶😋 Your dish seems to be bursting with flavor, from the caramelized sugar to the spice mixture and the tamarind paste. I can't wait to use this to add a little handmade magic to my dishes!

Making Worcestershire sauce from scratch? That’s impressive! 🍶 Do you let it ferment for a while to develop those deep flavors, or is it more of a quick blend? I bet it adds a perfect umami kick to any dish!

Back