Would you say cornbread with creamed corn leans more sweet or savory?

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
I've been wondering about the flavor of cornbread that includes creamed corn—is it generally considered sweet or more on the savory side? Would love to hear what you all think and why! 🌽🤷‍♂️

I made cornbread with creamed corn last week... It's a mix of both sweet and savory... The creamed corn adds sweetness, but the overall taste leans slightly savory... So good! 😋🌽

I've been wondering about the flavor of cornbread that includes creamed corn—is it generally considered sweet or more on the savory side? Would love to hear what you all think and why! 🌽🤷‍♂️
Cornbread with creamed corn can go either way! It depends on the recipe. Some lean sweeter with added sugar, while others stay savory and focus on the corn flavor.

Cornbread made with creamed corn tends to have a slightly sweeter flavor due to the natural sweetness of the corn. However, it can still be balanced with savory ingredients like cheese or jalapenos for a more complex flavor profile. Ultimately, it depends on the specific recipe and how it's prepared! 🌽🧀🌶️

Back