Yakisoba Recipe

ChocoJay

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a delicious Japanese favorite: Yakisoba! 🍜 It's a savory stir-fried noodle dish packed with flavor and perfect for a quick and satisfying meal. Let's dive into making this tasty dish together!

Ingredients:
166×216
89.5 kB

1718906576503.png

• 200g yakisoba noodles (or substitute with ramen or spaghetti)
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 200g thinly sliced pork belly, chicken, or tofu (optional)
  • 1 small onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 carrot, julienned
  • 1 small cabbage, thinly sliced
  • 2-3 tablespoons yakisoba sauce (or a mixture of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and oyster sauce)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional toppings: sliced green onions, beni shoga (pickled ginger), aonori (dried seaweed flakes), and katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
Instructions:
  1. Cook the yakisoba noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
  2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
  3. Add the sliced pork, chicken, or tofu (if using) and cook until browned and cooked through.
  4. Add the onion and carrot to the skillet and cook until slightly softened.
  5. Add the cabbage to the skillet and cook until wilted.
  6. Push the ingredients to one side of the skillet and add the cooked noodles to the empty side.
  7. Pour the yakisoba sauce over the noodles and toss to coat, then mix everything together.
  8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  9. Serve hot, garnished with sliced green onions, beni shoga, aonori, and katsuobushi if desired.
Enjoy your homemade yakisoba! 🍜

I am craving for ramen lately but might switch upon seeing your recipe as is it so easy to follow and I have all the ingredients sorted out so I better start cooking! Thanks!

Back