Zhug Cauliflower Recipe 🥦🌿✨

Kento Nanami

Culinary Explorer
Zhug Cauliflower.jpg
Hey friends! So yesterday morning, I decided to try out this amazing Zhug Cauliflower recipe, and let me tell you, it was a total win! If you're into roasted cauliflower with a zesty, herby kick, you're going to love this one. The zhug sauce is spicy, fresh, and super flavorful—totally elevates the roasted cauliflower. Plus, it’s super easy to make! Let’s dive in.

Ingredients:
  • 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, stems discarded
  • 1 small bunch cilantro, stems discarded
  • 2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • â…“ cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • ½ teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 (2 pound) head cauliflower, cut into florets
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • â…› teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions:
  1. Combine parsley, cilantro, serrano peppers, garlic, â…“ cup extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and cumin in a blender. Pulse until smooth, and set the zhug sauce aside.
  2. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a large baking sheet with foil.
  3. Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper, then toss everything together until the cauliflower is well-coated.
  4. Spread the seasoned cauliflower out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
  5. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender but still has a little bite.
  6. Serve the roasted cauliflower with the zhug sauce on the side for dipping.

And that’s it! Super easy and oh-so-delicious! I loved how the spicy zhug balanced the roasted cauliflower so well. If you give it a try, let me know what you think!​

Hey! 🌟 That sounds awesome! I’m all about roasted cauliflower and a zesty zhug sauce sounds like a game-changer. Can’t wait to try it out—thanks for the tip! 😋🔥

Back