A fresh SMOKE TROUT DIP 🫕

beni

Tasty Apprentice
My brother and I went fishing and we took some fresh trout, smoked it to perfection, then vacuum-packed it. I decided to make a smoked trout pâté to dip with crackers or crusty French bread. Here’s the recipe if you are interested in making some ◝(ᵔᵕᵔ)◜
SMOKE TROUT DIP.jpg

INGREDIENTS
  • 8 ounces smoked trout skinned and boned (or smoked mackerel)
  • 6 ounces unsalted butterr softened
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon horseradish prepared, not creamed
  • 3 Tablespoons whipping cream
  • 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
  • Kosher salt and white pepper to taste
  • Fresh chives finely chopped, (optional)
  • Fresh dill finely chopped (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS
  • In the bowl of a food processor, pulse trout for 10-15 seconds
  • Add butter and pulse an additional 5-10 seconds.
  • Add cream, horseradish, lemon juice and seasonings and pulse until mousse is blended, but not completely smooth, about 10 to 20 seconds.
  • Taste and adjust seasonings with additional lemon juice, salt and white pepper as needed.
  • Garnish with fresh chives or dill.

Make sure you season the mixture well with plenty of freshly cracked pepper. Store your smoked fish dip in an airtight container in the fridge or you can even freeze it for later if you have an excess amount.

Crackers and french bread. I guess a baguette will do? Or even rye bread will go well with this. Not sure I'd use trout. Salmon seems a lot more accessible when I go to the grocery store / supermarket. I dont own a food processor so I guess chopping it up finely with a chef's knife will do... just a little bit of extra work.

Crackers and french bread. I guess a baguette will do? Or even rye bread will go well with this. Not sure I'd use trout. Salmon seems a lot more accessible when I go to the grocery store / supermarket. I dont own a food processor so I guess chopping it up finely with a chef's knife will do... just a little bit of extra work.
Using salmon is fine, and sometimes, a little extra effort adds that special something to the dish! ദ്ദി ˉ͈̀꒳ˉ͈́ )✧

Back