Aburi Steak Recipe 🔥🥩

Hey everyone! I tried out this Aburi Steak recipe yesterday morning, and let me tell you, it was absolutely amazing! 😋🔥 If you’re looking for something that’s super flavorful and fun to make, this is the dish for you. It’s got that perfect balance of tender steak, sticky sushi rice, and a bit of a spicy kick. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or just treating yourself, this recipe will totally impress. Let's dive into it!

Aburi Steak.jpg
Ingredients:
  • 1 (12 to 16 ounce) boneless rib eye steak
  • ½ cup short-grain white rice
  • ¾ cup water
  • 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
  • 1 tablespoon Asian-style chili paste (like sambal oelek)
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • ⅓ cup sour cream
  • ¼ teaspoon lime zest
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons wasabi paste (or more to taste)
  • 2 teaspoons furikake seasoning or toasted sesame seeds
Instructions:
  1. Prep the Steak: Place your steak on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and pop it in the freezer until it's just firm, about 1 hour.
  2. Make the Sushi Rice: While the steak is chilling, rinse the rice under cold running water, gently rubbing the grains together. Combine the rice and water in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until tender and sticky, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix the vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl, then stir into the rice. Cover and let cool for about 45 minutes.
  3. Slice and Marinate the Steak: Thinly slice the steak across the grain into 24 (¼-inch-thick) pieces. Transfer the slices to a zip-top bag placed in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, maple syrup, chili paste, and oil. Pour this marinade over the steak in the bag, seal it, and chill for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
  4. Prepare the Sauce: While the steak is marinating, whisk together the sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, and wasabi paste in a small bowl.
  5. Shape the Rice: Once the rice is cool, wet your hands and shape the rice into 24 oval-shaped portions, about 1 tablespoon each.
  6. Cook the Steak: Drain the steak and discard the marinade. Place the steak slices on a foil-lined baking sheet set on a wire rack. Use a kitchen torch to char the steak slices, turning once, until you reach your desired doneness (about 5 minutes total for all slices).
  7. Assemble the Aburi Steak: Place one slice of steak on each rice portion. Sprinkle with furikake seasoning or toasted sesame seeds.
  8. Serve: Serve your Aburi Steak with the wasabi-lime sauce on the side for dipping.

And there you have it! This dish was a hit when I made it, and I’m sure you’ll love it too. It’s got all the flavors you could ask for in a bite-sized treat. Enjoy! 🍣

That Aburi Steak looks amazing! 🔥🥩 Can’t wait to try it out—love the idea of getting that perfect char on the steak! Thanks for sharing! 👌😋

Back