Aguachiles: Spicy Shrimp Ceviche

maltchaseal

Culinary Explorer
Calling all seafood fans and spiceheads! 🍤🗣️ Get ready to level up your taste buds with this recipe that I will share with you today 😋

Aguachiles Spicy Shrimp Ceviche.jpg

🌶️ Ingredients:
  • 1 pound fresh shrimp or fish, peeled and deveined
  • Juice of 6-8 limes (about 1 cup)
  • 2-3 serrano peppers, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
  • Salt to taste
  • Tortilla chips or tostadas for serving

🥒 Instructions:
  1. Start by preparing the marinade for the Aguachiles. In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, sliced serrano peppers, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to combine.
  2. Add the peeled and deveined shrimp or fish to the marinade, ensuring that all pieces are evenly coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together and the seafood to "cook" in the lime juice.
  3. While the seafood is marinating, prepare the garnishes. Thinly slice the red onion and cucumber, and chop the fresh cilantro leaves.
  4. Once the seafood has marinated, remove it from the refrigerator and add the sliced red onion, cucumber, and chopped cilantro to the bowl. Toss gently to combine.
  5. Taste the Aguachiles and adjust the seasoning with additional salt or lime juice if needed, according to your preference.
  6. To serve, divide the Aguachiles into individual bowls or plates, making sure to include plenty of the marinade and garnishes.
  7. Serve the Aguachiles with tortilla chips or tostadas on the side for scooping up the delicious mixture.
And there you have it!! Enjoy! :love:

Calling all seafood fans and spiceheads! 🍤🗣️ Get ready to level up your taste buds with this recipe that I will share with you today 😋

View attachment 2704

🌶️ Ingredients:
  • Salt to taste

🥒 Instructions:
  1. Start by preparing the marinade for the Aguachiles. In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, sliced serrano peppers, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to combine.
  2. Add the peeled and deveined shrimp or fish to the marinade, ensuring that all pieces are evenly coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together and the seafood to "cook" in the lime juice.
  3. While the seafood is marinating, prepare the garnishes. Thinly slice the red onion and cucumber, and chop the fresh cilantro leaves.
  4. Once the seafood has marinated, remove it from the refrigerator and add the sliced red onion, cucumber, and chopped cilantro to the bowl. Toss gently to combine.
  5. Taste the Aguachiles and adjust the seasoning with additional salt or lime juice if needed, according to your preference.
  6. To serve, divide the Aguachiles into individual bowls or plates, making sure to include plenty of the marinade and garnishes.
  7. Serve the Aguachiles with tortilla chips or tostadas on the side for scooping up the delicious mixture.
I think the combination of spicy shrimp and tangy citrus in Aguachiles sounds absolutely divine! 🌶️🍤 Can't wait to give this recipe a shot!

Oh, Aguachiles! One of my absolute favorites. I love how the spicy kick pairs with the freshness of the shrimp and citrus. It's such a refreshing dish, especially on a hot day. Can't wait to try out this recipe! Thanks for sharing! 🍤🌶️🍋

View attachment 2704

🌶️ Ingredients:
  • Salt to taste

🥒 Instructions:
Wow, this aguachiles recipe looks amazing! I love spicy shrimp ceviche, and I can't wait to give this version a try. It seems like the perfect dish for a summer gathering or a refreshing appetizer. Thanks for sharing!

Whoa, these Aguachiles are giving me major cravings! 🌶️🍤 Can't wait to try this spicy shrimp ceviche recipe out for my next fiesta. Thanks for sharing the yumminess!

Back