Ampalaya with Egg Recipe

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I wanted to share one of my favorite Filipino recipes for Ampalaya with Egg. It's a nutritious and flavorful dish that's perfect for any meal of the day.
Ingredients:
  • 2 medium-sized ampalaya (bitter melon), sliced thinly
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tomatoes, diced
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Start by preparing the ampalaya. Slice them thinly and remove the seeds and white pith if desired. Some people prefer to leave the seeds intact for added bitterness, while others prefer a milder flavor.
  2. Heat the cooking oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
  3. Add the sliced onions and cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
  4. Add the diced tomatoes to the pan and cook until they start to soften, about 2 minutes.
  5. Add the sliced ampalaya to the pan and stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes, or until they are slightly tender but still crisp.
  6. Season the ampalaya with salt and pepper to taste. You can adjust the seasoning according to your preference for bitterness.
  7. Create wells in the ampalaya mixture and crack the eggs directly into the pan. Allow the eggs to cook until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, or cook them to your desired doneness.
  8. Once the eggs are cooked, gently mix them into the ampalaya mixture, taking care not to break the yolks.
  9. Serve the Ampalaya with Egg hot with steamed rice or as a side dish to your favorite Filipino meal.
    1714887698615.jpeg
I hope you all enjoy this Ampalaya with Egg recipe! It's a simple yet delicious way to enjoy the unique flavor of bitter melon. Let me know if you try it out or if you have any questions. Happy cooking! 🍳🌿

I think you should soak first the ampalaya in a salt to reduce the bitterness for about 30 minutes. They really help if you don't want it the super bitter. 😉👌✨👍

Hey everyone! I wanted to share one of my favorite Filipino recipes for Ampalaya with Egg. It's a nutritious and flavorful dish that's perfect for any meal of the day.
Ingredients:
  • 2 medium-sized ampalaya (bitter melon), sliced thinly
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tomatoes, diced
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Start by preparing the ampalaya. Slice them thinly and remove the seeds and white pith if desired. Some people prefer to leave the seeds intact for added bitterness, while others prefer a milder flavor.
  2. Heat the cooking oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
  3. Add the sliced onions and cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
  4. Add the diced tomatoes to the pan and cook until they start to soften, about 2 minutes.
  5. Add the sliced ampalaya to the pan and stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes, or until they are slightly tender but still crisp.
  6. Season the ampalaya with salt and pepper to taste. You can adjust the seasoning according to your preference for bitterness.
  7. Create wells in the ampalaya mixture and crack the eggs directly into the pan. Allow the eggs to cook until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, or cook them to your desired doneness.
  8. Once the eggs are cooked, gently mix them into the ampalaya mixture, taking care not to break the yolks.
  9. Serve the Ampalaya with Egg hot with steamed rice or as a side dish to your favorite Filipino meal.View attachment 2766
I hope you all enjoy this Ampalaya with Egg recipe! It's a simple yet delicious way to enjoy the unique flavor of bitter melon. Let me know if you try it out or if you have any questions. Happy cooking! 🍳🌿
Thanks for sharing this recipe for Ampalaya with Egg! It's a classic Filipino dish that's both nutritious and delicious. Can't wait to cook it up for dinner tonight!

I love Ampalaya with Egg! It's such a classic Filipino dish that's both healthy and delicious. Your recipe looks simple and easy to follow;)

Back