Any tips for avoiding dry oatmeal bars?

Kento Nanami

Culinary Explorer
Hello friends! 🍪 I've been experimenting with homemade oatmeal bars, but sometimes they turn out a bit dry. Any tricks to keep them moist and chewy? Would appreciate your advice and expertise! 🙏

One thing that really helped me was adding a bit more liquid, like milk or applesauce, to the mix. Also, try not to overbake them—just pull them out when they’re still slightly soft in the center. I find that helps keep them nice and chewy. Happy baking! 🍫

One trick that works for me is using fresh oats when making oatmeal bars. ☺️ I noticed that old or stale oats lead to a drier result. 💁‍♀️ Incorporating mashed bananas, applesauce, or yogurt is also an effective way to make moist bars. 👍

One thing that really helped me was adding a bit more liquid, like milk or applesauce, to the mix. Also, try not to overbake them—just pull them out when they’re still slightly soft in the center. I find that helps keep them nice and chewy. Happy baking! 🍫

Thanks for the tips! Adding more liquid and pulling them out a bit early is a game changer for chewy cookies. 🍪

One trick that works for me is using fresh oats when making oatmeal bars. ☺️ I noticed that old or stale oats lead to a drier result. 💁‍♀️ Incorporating mashed bananas, applesauce, or yogurt is also an effective way to make moist bars. 👍
Totally agree! Fresh oats + mashed bananas or applesauce = so much better moisture in oatmeal bars. Thanks for the great tip! 😋🙌

Back