Any tips for sugar substitutes in banana bread?

EternalVoyager

Culinary Explorer
Hi baking buddies! I'm really looking forward to sweeten up my banana bread without the sugar rush! Do you guys have healthier alternatives! Can you share your favorite sugar substitutes and help me create guilt-free, delicious banana bread treats!

Hi baking buddies! I'm really looking forward to sweeten up my banana bread without the sugar rush! Do you guys have healthier alternatives! Can you share your favorite sugar substitutes and help me create guilt-free, delicious banana bread treats!
Skip the refined sugar in your banana bread! Mashed dates, applesauce, or pumpkin puree add natural sweetness and moisture. Monk fruit sweetener is a popular 1:1 substitute, while sugar alcohols like erythritol or xylitol work too (be mindful of digestion!). Reduce the overall sugar in your recipe and taste as you go for perfect sweetness. Get creative and enjoy guilt-free banana bread!

Sure thing! You can try using natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or mashed bananas to sweeten your banana bread. They add a lovely flavor while keeping things healthier! 🍯🍁🍌

Back