Any tips for thickening up my Southern potato salad?

YoungMhal

Novice Foodie
🤔 My potato salad always turns out a bit runny. Are there any secret ingredients or techniques to make it thicker and creamier? 🥔🥗 I'm open to trying new methods! I would appreciate any suggestions you have. 🙏

Here's what you need to do.

To thicken Southern potato salad, reduce the mayonnaise or dressing, or add more boiled, mashed potatoes to the mix. To add texture and bulk, you can also fold in ingredients like chopped hard-boiled eggs, crumbled bacon, or finely chopped pickles. Enjoy! 🥗

🤔 My potato salad always turns out a bit runny. Are there any secret ingredients or techniques to make it thicker and creamier? 🥔🥗 I'm open to trying new methods! I would appreciate any suggestions you have. 🙏
To thicken up your Southern potato salad, try using less mayonnaise and adding a spoonful of Dijon mustard or Greek yogurt. These ingredients can help bind the salad together without adding too much moisture. 🥔🥗

Try adding a bit more mayo or some sour cream for extra creaminess. Also, a touch of mustard can help thicken and add flavor! 🥔🍴😊

Back