Any Tips for Thickening Up My White Chicken Chili?

aeris

Novice Foodie
Help! My patience is thinning. 😅

My white chicken chili turned out a bit runny, and I'm looking for ways to thicken it up without compromising flavor. 🍲🤔 Any tips or tricks to help me achieve that hearty, comforting texture I'm craving? 🥄🔍 Any advice and input would be appreciated! Thanks! 🙏

Hello! When my white chicken chili turns out runny, I usually add cornstarch to thicken it up. I mix equal parts of cornstarch and cold water, then gradually stir it into the simmering chili until it reaches the desired thickness🫶

Hello! When my white chicken chili turns out runny, I usually add cornstarch to thicken it up. I mix equal parts of cornstarch and cold water, then gradually stir it into the simmering chili until it reaches the desired thickness
Sameee!! I actually use this method :) Just note that cornstarch and cold water must always have equal amount in order to ensure the desired thickness for white chicken chili 😎

I think adding a bit of cornmeal or masa harina can help thicken it up nicely! Though, be sure to whisk it in gradually to avoid clumps.

Back