Any tips on giving my skillet a good clean?

Kenz

Culinary Explorer
Any kitchen wizards here? I could use some help with my skillet – it's in desperate need of a good clean! 🍳😬 Do you have any tried-and-true tips for getting rid of stubborn stains and grime? 🧼🔍 Your advice would be a game-changer!

Hi, I've heard that using kosher salt as a scrubbing agent can be effective for cleaning skillets. Though it might seem strange, the abrasiveness of the salt helps lift away residue without damaging the pan :)

To clean your skillet effectively, deglaze it with warm water while it's still warm, then gently scrub with mild dish soap and a non-abrasive sponge. For stubborn stains, use a paste of baking soda and water, let it sit, then scrub again before rinsing and drying thoroughly. 🧼🍳✨

I think soaking the skillet in warm, soapy water for a bit helps loosen grime, though it might need some elbow grease afterwards 💪.
@Tim_05 Sure! 🍳 For a thorough clean, try scrubbing your skillet with a mixture of salt and water. It helps to remove stubborn residue without damaging the seasoning. Happy cooking! 🧼🔪

Back