Any tips on toning down the spice in kimchi jjigae?

Mui

Tasty Apprentice
I love the flavor of kimchi jjigae, but sometimes the spice level is just a bit too much for me. Can anyone share some effective ways to tone down the heat without sacrificing the dish's authentic taste? I’d appreciate any tips or ingredient suggestions you might have! 🔥🥛

Feel your pain! 😬 Kimchi can be fiery sometimes ..Here's some trick I made, I add less kimchi or go for a milder kind ..You can also throw in some extra veggies or a spoonful of honey to balance the heat. Enjoy your not too spicy kimchi jjigae! 🤗

Reactions: Mui
I love the flavor of kimchi jjigae, but sometimes the spice level is just a bit too much for me. Can anyone share some effective ways to tone down the heat without sacrificing the dish's authentic taste? I’d appreciate any tips or ingredient suggestions you might have! 🔥🥛
To reduce the spice in kimchi jjigae while preserving its flavor, try adding dairy or sweeteners, and adjusting liquid levels. Experiment to find your perfect balance! 🥛🍲

Feel your pain! 😬 Kimchi can be fiery sometimes ..Here's some trick I made, I add less kimchi or go for a milder kind ..You can also throw in some extra veggies or a spoonful of honey to balance the heat. Enjoy your not too spicy kimchi jjigae! 🤗
Thanks for the tip! Adding extra veggies sounds like a plan. Can't deal with too much heat in my kimchi jjigae! 🌶️🥬

For my own experience, to tone down the spice in kimchi jjigae, you can add more broth or water to dilute the heat. Including extra vegetables like potatoes or carrots, or adding tofu, can help absorb some of the spiciness. Stirring in a bit of sugar or a splash of rice wine can also balance the flavors. :D😋

Reactions: Mui
For my own experience, to tone down the spice in kimchi jjigae, you can add more broth or water to dilute the heat. Including extra vegetables like potatoes or carrots, or adding tofu, can help absorb some of the spiciness. Stirring in a bit of sugar or a splash of rice wine can also balance the flavors. :D😋

Hey, thanks for the tips on toning down the spice in kimchi jjigae! Adding more broth, veggies, tofu, a bit of sugar, or rice wine sounds like a game-changer! I'll definitely give those a try. 😄👍

Back