Any trick to thicken chicken pot pie without cornstarch?

SkrillexAoki

Novice Foodie
Cooking buddies! I’m looking for ways to thicken my chicken pot pie filling but aiming to skip cornstarch. Got any clever tips or alternative ingredients? Flour feels too basic, and I'm curious about unconventional methods or natural thickeners. Always up for experimenting in the kitchen, so hit me with your best suggestions!

Try adding some mashed potatoes to your chicken pot pie filling, it works like a charm to thicken things up and adds a creamy texture. You could also give arrowroot powder or tapioca flour a shot for a natural thickener alternative. 🥔🍲👨‍🍳

Oh, absolutely! When it comes to thickening up that luscious chicken pot pie filling without using cornstarch, there are a few nifty tricks you can try! 🥧🍗 For starters, you can whip up a delightful roux by blending equal parts flour and butter in a skillet over medium heat until it forms a smooth paste.

I've had success thickening chicken pot pie filling with a roux made from butter and flour! 💡 Just melt some butter, stir in flour until it's smooth, then gradually add broth until it thickens.

Back