Apple and Pear Pancakes

aurora

Tasty Apprentice
That's my go-to whenever I need to get rid of leftover apples and pears. This time, I had 2 pears and 1 apple, so let's measure the recipe by 3 fruits. All measurements are approximate because fruits are always different in size, and you can't get super precise proportions, but they turn out good regardless.

For the ingredients:
  • 3 fruits (I used 2 pears and 1 apple. You can choose your favorite fruits)
  • 2 eggs (I usually count 1 egg per 2 medium fruits or 3 small fruits, this time I had a really large pear, so I made it 2 per 3)
  • 3 tablespoons of flour (1 per fruit)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of soda
  • 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon acid
  • 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
  • A splash of milk, 50-100 ml
  • Salt, sugar/sweetener, cinnamon - add according to your taste, as fruits have different sweetness-sourness balance, adjust to it
Peel the fruits, remove seeds, chop into large pieces, put them into a blender, add eggs and milk for easier blending. Blend it into a puree, 2-3mm chunks are fine.

Pour the mixture into a bowl, add flour, taste for sweetness, add salt, sugar, soda & acid, cinnamon (cinnamon is optional, but it just goes well with apples and pears), mix well. Add oil, mix again.

Heat the pan, then reduce to medium heat (5 out of 9 on my stove). I usually lightly oil the pan for the first set of pancakes, and then the oil in the mixture works for the rest.

1 tablespoon of mixture would be 1 pancake. Gently flip when edges start drying. The middle is still glossy. Take them off the pan when there's a hill in the middle (eggs & milk working).

🥹 They come out puffy and juicy, they don't get hard the next day because the majority of the volume is basically baked fruit.

apple and pear pancake.jpg

Thanks for sharing your creative approach to using apples and pears! 🍎🍐

It's so true that fruit sizes can vary, but that's what makes cooking fun, right? Love that you've adapted the recipe based on what you had on hand – that's true kitchen ingenuity!

Yum! These Apple and Pear Pancakes sound fantastic. I'd love to try them with some chopped walnuts or pecans for added texture and a bit of fall flair.

A must try recipe, thank you for sharing, how I wish that my pancake will be fluffy as yours, I will just add a drizzle warm maple syrup over the pancakes and sprinkle a dash of cinnamon

Will try this for my child as I'm having a hard time letting him eat fruits. This will definitely be a game changer with lots of syrup ;)

Hey there! 🍎🍐 These Apple and Pear Pancakes sound amazing! I love how you can customize the fruits and adjust sweetness.

Oh, Apple and Pear Pancakes! That sounds like a cozy morning treat! I can almost imagine the sweet aroma of apples and pears mingling with the warm, fluffy pancakes. Count me in for a delightful breakfast adventure! Thanks for sharing this delicious idea! 🍎🍐

"Your Apple and Pear Pancakes recipe is a breakfast dream come true! The sweet, juicy fruits combined with fluffy pancake batter create a delightful burst of flavor with every bite. It's the perfect balance of comfort and freshness to start the day on a high note. Thanks for sharing this delicious and creative twist on classic pancakes—I'll be making these again and again!"🥞🥞🥞🥞

This recipe sounds delicious and a great way to use up leftover fruits! The combination of apples, pears, and cinnamon must create a lovely flavor profile in these fluffy and moist pancakes.

yum! happiness and health in one plate! this apple and pear pancake is a good meal for all day not just on breakfast! thank you for sharing this 😍

Back