Are baked beans good for the environment?

Marich

Tasty Apprentice
Hey gang 🤸‍♀️! Been mulling over whether baked beans are friends to our planet 🌏. Legumes, like the beans in our favorite dish, need less water and fertilizers than many crops, making them pretty eco-friendly. Yet, considering canned goods, transport and packaging could offset some green points. Wondering about your take on this balance 🤔. Have you come across any insights or studies on the environmental impact of producing and consuming baked beans? Keen to hear thoughts or find ways to enjoy them more sustainably! 🌝😘

Baked beans are considered good for the environment depends on various factors, including production practices, packaging, transportation, and ingredient sourcing. Choosing sustainably produced beans, reducing packaging waste, and supporting environmentally responsible brands can help mitigate the environmental impact of baked beans consumption. 👌✨😉

Baked beans are considered good for the environment depends on various factors, including production practices, packaging, transportation, and ingredient sourcing. Choosing sustainably produced beans, reducing packaging waste, and supporting environmentally responsible brands can help mitigate the environmental impact of baked beans consumption. 👌✨😉
Totally! Baked beans can be eco-friendly if they're made with sustainable practices and minimal packaging. Just gotta pick the right brand and keep an eye on how they're made. 🌱🌍

I think opting for homemade baked beans could be better for the environment. Though canned ones are convenient, homemade allows me to control the ingredients, reducing packaging waste. 🌱

I think opting for homemade baked beans could be better for the environment. Though canned ones are convenient, homemade allows me to control the ingredients, reducing packaging waste. 🌱

Absolutely! Homemade baked beans sound like a fantastic choice. Plus, you get to customize the flavors to your liking, which adds an extra layer of yumminess to your meal! (y)

Back