Asam Pedas Recipe

yourfavoritef1girlie

Culinary Explorer
Hey food enthusiasts! 🇲🇾 I wanted to share a unique Malaysian dish called Asam Pedas. It's a spicy and tangy fish stew that's full of bold flavors and perfect for those who love a bit of heat.
Asam Pedas Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 lb fish (mackerel, stingray, or any firm white fish)
  • 2 tbsp tamarind paste
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
  • 2 pieces asam gelugur (dried tamarind slices) or extra tamarind paste
  • 1 tomato, quartered
  • 2 okra, sliced
  • Fresh herbs like Vietnamese coriander (daun kesum) or basil
Spice paste:

• 5-6 dried chilies, soaked and seeded
  • 5 shallots
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1-inch piece of galangal
  • 1-inch piece of ginger
  • 1 tsp belacan (fermented shrimp paste)
Instructions:

1. Blend the spice paste ingredients until smooth.
  2. Heat the oil in a pot and sauté the spice paste until fragrant and oil separates.
  3. Add the lemongrass, tamarind paste, and water. Bring to a boil.
  4. Add the fish, tomato, okra, and asam gelugur. Simmer until the fish is cooked and the vegetables are tender.
  5. Season with salt and sugar to taste. Add the fresh herbs just before serving.
Serve with steamed rice for a hearty and satisfying meal. Enjoy your spicy and tangy taste of Malaysia! 🌶️🐟🍲

Hey food enthusiasts! 🇲🇾 I wanted to share a unique Malaysian dish called Asam Pedas. It's a spicy and tangy fish stew that's full of bold flavors and perfect for those who love a bit of heat.
View attachment 3042

Ingredients:

• 1 lb fish (mackerel, stingray, or any firm white fish)
  • 2 tbsp tamarind paste
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
  • 2 pieces asam gelugur (dried tamarind slices) or extra tamarind paste
  • 1 tomato, quartered
  • 2 okra, sliced
  • Fresh herbs like Vietnamese coriander (daun kesum) or basil
Spice paste:

• 5-6 dried chilies, soaked and seeded
  • 5 shallots
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1-inch piece of galangal
  • 1-inch piece of ginger
  • 1 tsp belacan (fermented shrimp paste)
Instructions:

1. Blend the spice paste ingredients until smooth.
  2. Heat the oil in a pot and sauté the spice paste until fragrant and oil separates.
  3. Add the lemongrass, tamarind paste, and water. Bring to a boil.
  4. Add the fish, tomato, okra, and asam gelugur. Simmer until the fish is cooked and the vegetables are tender.
  5. Season with salt and sugar to taste. Add the fresh herbs just before serving.
Serve with steamed rice for a hearty and satisfying meal. Enjoy your spicy and tangy taste of Malaysia! 🌶️🐟🍲
Asam Pedas is a classic Malaysian dish known for its bold and tangy flavors. I love the combination of spicy chili peppers, sour tamarind, and aromatic spices like lemongrass and ginger. It's such a comforting and satisfying dish, especially when served with steamed rice. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Prepare for a taste explosion with Asam Pedas! 🌶️🐟 This Malaysian meal is spicy, tangy, and very delicious. Cannot wait to go on this daring culinary adventure! 🍲🔥

Loving this Asam Pedas recipe! The flavors are on point and the spice level is just right. Definitely adding this to my weekly rotation. Thanks for sharing! 🍲👌

Asam Pedas is a classic Malaysian dish known for its bold and tangy flavors. I love the combination of spicy chili peppers, sour tamarind, and aromatic spices like lemongrass and ginger. It's such a comforting and satisfying dish, especially when served with steamed rice. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Asam Pedas truly hits the spot with its spicy, tangy, and aromatic flavors. It's a delightful culinary adventure that never disappoints. 🌶️🍲

Back